Lake Tahoe Pools | Since 2007
My name is Steve Ravizza, founder of Lake Tahoe Pools. Thank you for visiting.
I have been in the pool industry for over 40 years. Early in my career, I was lucky enough to work for a company that insisted on educating their workforce. That experience set in motion my constant quest for pool knowledge. To this day, I rarely miss an opportunity to learn about the latest products and technology.
I have earned two of the most challenging credentials available from The Association of Pool and Spa Professionals. (APSP)
- CBP – Certified Pool Builder
- CSP – Certified Pool Technician
Of the hundreds of pool builders and service companies in the greater Phoenix area, there are less than 30 APSP certified professionals. I am one of only two individuals in the valley that has earned both the CPB and CSP certifications. Due to the difficulty of obtaining these certifications, there are less than 50 people in the entire country with both of these credentials.
In addition to the intensive technical training and testing, these certifications require that we adhere to financial and ethical standards.
Here are a few of the benefits of doing business with an APSP-certified pro:
- Minimum five years of proven expertise in their field
- They have passed a rigorous exam on everything from permitting and mechanical drawings to construction and safety regulations.
- They regularly fulfill continuing education requirements to stay on top of industry developments, technological advances and more.
- They have pledged to uphold APSP’s Code of Ethics, which covers customer service, fair product pricing, proper installation and much more.
“Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.” ~ Aristotle
Never forget that… The sweetness of low price is soon replaced by the shock of the cost to repair your low quality pool.
Delivering the best quality usually includes increased costs. It’s easy to bring the cost down, but that approach can also bring a huge drop in quality. If our company’s goal was to be the lowest price in town, we would follow this popular formula:
- Never waste time on pool industry training
- Don’t bother with certifications – they’re difficult and a complete waste of time and money
- Ignore manufacturer’s product training and installation instructions – another total waste of time
- Use low paid inexperienced installers
- Spend countless hours searching for the cheapest possible products
- Choose subcontractors based on who’s willing to work for the lowest price
- Increase sales volume by hiring salespeople that are experts at manipulating clients into signing contracts
We refuse to follow any of the above methods.
We proudly provide products from these manufacturers
Get In Touch with Lake Tahoe Pools